Friday, 16 June 2017

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 24th of 2017

Good Morning/Atternoon/Evening lovely people

'tis Friday 


First up, a visit to the theatre, last Friday with hubby, we'd bought the tickets ages ago to see the Shakespeare play - Julius Caesar.  I'll be honest we weren't expecting to enjoy it quite as much as we did, predominantly because we thought it would be wall to wall political speeches (not that we haven't heard enough of those recently), anyway it was far from it, a fast action play set in modern day and as relevant today as ever before!

Hubby sneaked a photo of the set before the play began.  By the time we came back from the interval there were hanging 'bodies' and rubbish everywhere following what was in effect a revolution!


As it was a date night out - we enjoyed a beverage - you can see the Julius Caesar poster in the background


We had a fabulous night, thoroughly enjoyed it, we even bumped into one of hubby's cousins and his missus - which was lovely! 

The sky was beautiful when we got out, a shot of the Cathedral shows the beautiful sky


And the other end of the Cathedral with its modern rebuild following the bombing in the second World War, it is a beautiful Cathedral


Next amazing happy of the weekend, lil bro asked lil soon to be sister in law - to marry him!  We were all bowled over as it wasn't expected and yes she said yes!  So pleased for the two of them


Next up a painty workshop with my Mum at the local Craft shop with Tracy Scott, it was lovely Mum and daughter time. 

We finger painted


And then I did some in my journal


and then I did a bit more


Here is my Mum showing that she too is very good at finger painting!


We got to use the new Tracy Scott PaperArtsy stamps


We continued adding layers of paint and stamps and gold paint and dribbles and well you get the drift


and then we masked over - although I only masked one side


I learnt the art of scribbling - who new something so simple could be so effective!


whilst I was enjoying the painty day - said 16 year old had managed to get himself a day's work - together with a pay packet at the end of it, hopefully this will turn into more days later in the summer! 


Whilst hubby was on with building this


The week has fair tripped along, we had a rather cross teenager on our hands after the maths exam on Tuesday - actually cross doesn't come close, the new 9-1 exam in higher tier left him highly frustrated, we are just praying he gets the grade he needs for college - keep your fingers and toes crossed.  

I had the joys of watching him come in each day and cross through his exams


I enjoyed beans on toast in the middle of the week - it's the simple things in life, with HP brown sauce - nom


As well as all of the above, I've worked and worked and a bit more work, but today I'm going to put work down and try and enjoy some of the simpler things in life.  I hope you've all had a truly beautiful and blessed week. 

If you fancy joining in then pop a post together, pop back and link up and we can come and visit. 



6 comments:

  1. Another great week for you by the sounds of it. The date night was a success. And the Shakespeare play sounds very modern and up to date. I don't know Shakespeare at all. Have Heard of him of course and have tried to read some of his stuff but it is way above my head. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    The finger painter now, that is more my level of culture! lol. Your mum looks well and is clearly enjoying herself. Love the scribbling with the White pen. I have found some White gel pens on the internet and am going to order some soon.
    Well done said 16 yr old for earning some pocket money. And I really feel for him and the disappointing maths exam. I remember myself studying very hard and seriously and entering the exam confident, only to find the exam was about something I had never Heard of and had no idea how to do. So frustrating that weeks of hard work go out of the window. I do feel for him and hope the other exams are better.
    Now what is hubby building? A shed?
    Congratulations to your bro and his lady. Your soon-to-be sister-in-law is showing off her lovely ring. They look very happy.
    Beans on toast is my hubby's favorite dish. When I was in Holland, I bet ya he had it every day!
    Here's wishing you a great week ahead, and all the best to your son on his exams. I'll keep everything crossed.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theatre visit sounds great. I love live drama. The cathedral looks lovely all lit up.
    Congratulations to the young couple.
    I am sure your lad will have done well in his exams, even the maths one. I bet he enjoys crossing them off his list. (I used to teach maths to his age youngsters, and as a student myself, it was the one exam I went into with real confidence!)
    The jury is still out on your art journalling, but it sounds like a wonderful day, spent with your mum which made it even better, and I do like your butterfly.
    The beans don't really do it for me, but it is one of hubby's favourites - minus the brown sauce though.
    Don't work too hard, and keep smiling. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The theatre visit sounds great. I love live drama. The cathedral looks lovely all lit up.
    Congratulations to the young couple.
    I am sure your lad will have done well in his exams, even the maths one. I bet he enjoys crossing them off his list. (I used to teach maths to his age youngsters, and as a student myself, it was the one exam I went into with real confidence!)
    The jury is still out on your art journalling, but it sounds like a wonderful day, spent with your mum which made it even better, and I do like your butterfly.
    The beans don't really do it for me, but it is one of hubby's favourites - minus the brown sauce though.
    Don't work too hard, and keep smiling. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the results of your crafting time with your Mum. I know what you mean about simple things - I had poached egg on toast in the week (not had it for ages) and really enjoyed it. Have a super weekend. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phe was quite pleased with the maths exam but extremely annoyed about the English Lit one, funny isn't it? She has been doing the same each time, pink highlighter through the list as she does each one, it's nice to see more highlighter than list now.

    That cathedral is gorgeous, love the lighting. Yay - for date nights. And big congrats to bro and sis-in-law to be :)

    Loving all the finger painting, it's so satisfying isn't it? Love the page you did!

    Big hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely week...*expecting the obvious school induced trauma* 9-1? as in 4 hours without a break? No wonder he was grumpy. Garden is coming on a treat :D XXX

    ReplyDelete