Friday, 23 December 2016

Rocking Your World Friday 52nd of 2016

Good morning tis Friday and the 52nd Friday of 2016 - which means it is time for 


Well it has been a mighty strange week - is it really a week ago that I stopped for a break for Christmas - the week has flown if I'm honest. 

We made these on Saturday - using some gherkin jars that I refused to throw away because - well because they were too lovely!  Hopefully you can make out the Hogwarts silhouette on the jar which we've repeated on two sides!


We also started another craft project - this one not Christmas orientated thankfully - I'll be sharing when its complete! 


We were feeling pretty rough last weekend, the virus seems to be lingering!  Thankfully a rum toddy and some crafting helped a lot! 


Said 16 year old had a Christmas jumper day - unfortunately the jumper he has worn for the last few years is now too small and to be honest, the chances of me getting him in a Christmas jumper any time in the near future is remote, so instead he wore my Christmas hat! 


I finally managed to track down decorations for the table centre piece, although I feel I've walked far and wide and still not quite achieved what I fancied but it will have to do! 


Said 16 year old finally finished school on Tuesday but I wasn't home when he got in as we were attending Aunty Joan's memorial service, they are always so difficult no matter the time but particularly hard at this time of year if I'm honest, although it was lovely to catch up with members of family, despite the sad occasion. 

Wednesday said 16 year old had friends over from school, they enjoyed having the fire lit, opening gifts they had bought each other, watching Suicide Squad, eating pizza and decorating these little beasties!   Said 16 year old was obviously reluctant when I mentioned it - but he enjoyed it regardless! 


The rest of the week has had cleaning and washing and sorting things out, food shopping and relaxing trying to chill out and keep up to date with my journal. 

Today (thursday) I've really not felt 100% and me and said 16 year old have remained in PJ's all day,  we had a lovely afternoon watching Miracle on 34th Street this afternoon, a film he never recalls watching before, most of it filmed in New York (which he visited earlier in the year).  It is always funny when he does the - I've been there - routine, but even more funny when he declared they were skating the wrong way around the ice rink in Central Park and where were the cones in the middle! 

It's been lovely just stopping! 

As Christmas looms ever closer, the time for whittling and worrying about whether we will get it 'just right' really don't matter.  The time of the year is to sit back and take stock, to count your blessings and remember those that aren't with you any more.  Time to relax and reflect and celebrate the season.  

May you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas 

I will be back next Friday for a 53rd Rocking Post of 2016 - who knew there would be so many! 


4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2017 - I really enjoy reading your Rocking posts on a Friday morning.. you always put a great spin on what is sometimes a very challenging week. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorated jar.
    Beautiful collection of photos Virginia.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and I wish you & the family all the very best for the New Year.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you are feeling better now. These bugs do linger don't they. As you say, a hot toddy does miracles as does a wood fire I might add.
    I am intrigued by your new project. Can't see what it is.... watch this space.
    Haha, said 16 yr old is feeling too old for a christmas jumper. Wait until a girl friend buys him one! He'll wear it then.
    Lovely gingerbread house. Looking at it makes me hungry.
    Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope it will be peaceful, and in company of the people you love.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the Hogwarts jar. The run up to Christmas is so busy. I am sorry you have had to face it, and a memorial service as well, when you are feeling so below par. I hope you have all kicked the virus into touch in time to enjoy the festivities. I will do my best to post a Week 53. In the meantime, wishing you and yours every blessings. Kate x

    ReplyDelete