Friday, 8 January 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 2ND OF 2015

Good Morning and welcome to the 2nd Rocking your World post of 2015! 


Well I thought I'd load up a few photos from over the New Year weekend, first up me and hubby on our rather wet - very muddy walk around the local dam.  Said 15 year old had more sense and stayed at home but we did enjoy the walk if I'm honest! 


Then this photo I shared with friends, documenting my niece my Mum and said 15 year old - I have a similar photo of them the year before which really highlights how much said 15 year old has actually grown in the 12 months - it would appear that my Mum is officially shrinking! 


Next up is said 15 year old and his Christmas gadget, in amongst the usual detritus on his wish list was the request for a popcorn maker and not wanting to disappoint, we did actually pick him one up!  It is hysterical to watch it firing the popcorn out, despite the bowl and despite their being an 'escape route' from the machine it still ends up everywhere!


Another positive, crafting time to enjoy making mini books, I'm thinking about setting up an Etsy shop - what do you think?  


And then we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the cinema to see Kenneth Branagh's take on William Shakespeare's 'A Winter's Tale' - it was amazing with Dame Judy Dench taking a key role, it made me cry - really fabulous acting and a great way to set the ball rolling for January. 


Monday arrived and the alarm clock was something of a culture shock, but I was ready to crack on and make a good start on the week ahead.  Job number one proved busy and interesting and the days flew by and my second job has proved just as fruitful today, albeit that the atmosphere is a lot busier and sometimes more difficult to concentrate! 

I've managed to watch what I'm eating, I've also managed to do some exercise, these are fairly tentative steps but good ones nonetheless. 

Hubby has had some blood tests recently that have thrown a bit of a curve ball at us, I'm hoping that everything is OK we will know a little more tomorrow, we have a bit of a plan provided the news tomorrow is OK, we are hoping the blip has been caused by some new medication he was prescribed recently - but we shall see. 

My two men listening to me planning out a busy and eventful month and asking for their help to make the house and home run a lot smoother - they've been awesome. 

Hubby for volunteering to come on a very early walk on Thursday morning - we did good! 

I hope your week has been a good one and that it has lots of positives and silver linings to it.

If you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back link up and we shall come and visit. 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get good news re your Hubby, and try not to worry too much (easy to say). Love the pic of your Mum; and the film sounds great - i love anything with Judy Dench. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Virginia I'd like to wish you and your family a very happy and healthy 2016. I do hope all goes well with your Hubby.

    What lovely photos of you and your family. Said 15 year old certainly looks tall and also seems to be pleased with is new gadget. I'm sure you'll all enjoy it. Glad you had a good trip to the cinema. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had some great days.
    I hope your hubby's results are okay. These things can be worrying can't they.
    I love your family photo. Gosh, you son is tall!
    I have no experience with etsy shop. I don't know if it cost anything to offer your mini books for sale. But I'd say go for it. If they don't sell, at least you've tried.
    Have a good week,
    Blessings,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at your son with his pop-corn maker. I remember when my boys had one of those. We had loads of fun with it, and it makes a healthier snack than most other things.
    The film sounds very good. I am a huge admirer of Dame Judy Dench.
    Your lad sure is getting tall. All my boys looked down on me at that age, and now my grandsons do too! Your mum is looking very well, but i am sorry your husband has a new worry. I hope it is all solved for him this week. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are fabulous. Gosh how Said 15yr old has grown.
    Hope the news relating to hubby's blood test is good - I'm thinking of you both.
    Lots of positives for the first complete week of 2016.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well with the blood tests....

    Gosh your 15 year old has grown... popcorn makers are such fun! We've used a saucepan before.... took me weeks to clean it properly!!!! Good investment! Healthy snacks too :)

    Your books look great.

    ps thank you for visiting

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete