Friday, 15 January 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD - 3RD OF 2015

Good morning lovely people, 'tis Friday which means it is time for Rocking Your World post


So first up is completing my Journal Your Christmas album for 2015, here it is fully completed.  I used an 8" x 8" album as a base and had great fun working with it. 


Next up was said 15 year old tucking into a hot chocolate he'd made himself complete with squirty cream and marshmallows - it was running down the sides!


Then a romantic meal for two with hubby, sometimes we forget that the simplest of things can be great fun, we were enjoying the freedom of food before setting out on a diet on Monday.  Said 15 year old laid the table with all the lights as a surprise whilst we were out of the room.


Next up flowers from the supermarket a blend of new ones and last weeks making a really big positive display.


A close up of the flowers - I love roses!


Then said 15 year old making pasta at home for the first time!


He'd made pasta at school as part of his DT food class in the week and decided to put his Dad's unused (for several years I might add) pasta making machine through its paces, as school didn't have this fun contraption to play with! 


Next happies, said 15 year old having a good afternoon on Saturday with school friends bowling.  We dropped him off and he had several hours of fun before making his own way home (making us parents feel slightly redundant - but I think that's the point isn't it). 

Doctors for actually listening to hubby - rather than just handing out tablets!  Those that read this frequently will be glad to know that his follow up blood test was normal meaning the tablets were the culprit, so the plan now is 8 weeks of dieting and it is proper dieting (limited calories), but there's a reason for hubby to do it (medical) which has spurred me on to join him as I really do want to shift this weight but a slow methodical pace just doesn't cut it for me at the moment so we are going for it - pretty big time if I'm honest, I will update you on how things are progressing next week.  

First job for being busy and positive and second job for being crazy mad but the day flies by which I love! 

Scrapbooking my evening enjoyment - I did some Christmas cards last weekend and then started on (and now completed) 18 new layouts - yay!!!!!  I've started scrapping in chronological order (which is a first for me) but there is a reason I want to start getting the layouts in albums and as I file them chronologically I hate having to re-jig albums to fit new layouts in! 

I hope you've all had a good week, if you fancy joining in then pop a post together, pop back and link up!

4 comments:

  1. Good to read your Rocking report as always, glad hubby got good news from the Dr and good luck with the diet! Said 15 year old always has a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super photos Virginia. What a lovely surprise the decorated table must have been.
    Well done on getting JYC 2015 completed.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia, your roses are beautiful!
    I love the way your lad is experimenting in the kitchen. I have always rather fancied a pasta machine, but am not sure it would be used often enough to justify the cost! His hot chocolate looks rather yummy. Oh to be young again, and not need to count the calories.
    I hope the diet is a success for you both. I always think the fast and furious diets are harder to keep the weight off, even if they are better for actually losing it, but you have a good incentive for actually making it work.
    Well done on all the crafting. I have made quite a complex special card for a birthday but I didn't mention it in this week's post as the birthday is not until the end of next month.
    Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What.lovely.week.big hugs. Hope you ok x <3

    ReplyDelete