Friday, 19 December 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Morning all - well Friday again and December has fair tripped along at a merry old pace if I'm honest.


So this one has been such a difficult week - but I'm going to look at the positives to remind myself that even when weeks are ultimately difficult that there are still positives in amongst everything else that create those silver linings.

First up said 14 year old, helping me tonight, nothing was too much trouble, being great company, chatting away, helping me wrap some presents, making some Christmas gifts, all fab time together.

Lovely work colleagues (old and new), being genuinely concerned and interested to learn of updates, there really is nothing finer.  I spent a lovely Thursday morning helping create a Christmas buffet with a couple of them and it really was an absolute pleasure!

My hubby - for just being him, he really is pretty awesome all the time, I don't know if I tell him enough, this week he took a day off to attend some hospital appointments with me and took me to a funeral and then when work called and informed him he had to sort something the following day, even though I knew it would probably stress him he just took it in his stride!

A craft class at the local shop, it's always lovely when someone else takes charge and you can just enjoy the process of putting a book together, it was all the little extras that made me smile.  I finished the book in good time, came away happy and have enjoyed spending a week doing glitter stickles on the book to 'finish it off' it reminded me that the little details are just as important which was lovely!

Saturday found us wandering around Chatsworth, Alice in Wonderland theme this year, I know it's not Christmassy but I love Alice, so I loved having a wander.  Now if you are set to visit, look away now as here be spoilers!  the many legged caterpillar - complete with individually knitted leg warmers


The white rabbit disappearing down the rabbit hole (with no-one stood next to it - you wouldn't get the perspective as it were).


The giant table with the key on top - none of us could reach it!


And the psychedelic caterpillar which moved - amazing!


My Mum dressed as the mad - hatter!


And my niece as Alice!


And either Tweedledee or Tweedledum!


One of my favourite characters


This one is my favourite from the whole thing - absolutely fantastic!


Then a group shot of us near the end of the walk around.


And a walk for me, my sister and hubby, everyone else wanted the warmth inside but we needed some fresh air, to blow off the cobwebs!


I hope you have had a good week and that you have lots of positives to reflect on.  I've seen a few things on line this week that have made me smile.  One was Gina who had photographed a pot of tea and a cup and saucer and a cupcake - reminding everyone to ensure they took some time out for themselves as well at this time of year, I think sometimes we forget that and the season and festivities come and go without soaking them up as it were.

Oh and I nearly forgot (goodness knows how) but the teachers happy enough to do the Santa Sleepover last week, raising money for Lesotho, said 14 year old came home, absolutely shattered (3 hours sleep) but loving every minute of it and being glad he'd gone!

Right if you fancy joining in then pop a post together, come back, link up, leave a comment and we can come and visit!

3 comments:

  1. Well if you have found this many positives it can't have been too bad a week, but I am sorry you've had to endure hospital visits; hope you are ok. I loved the Chatsworth pictures, it looks fantastic (again!) - you are so lucky being close enough to go often. Have a wonderful Christmas. Love to you and the family, (I feel I know them!) Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What AWESOME photos for your Christmas journal :D (totally honoured to have brought you a smile) :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting me. Sorry I didn´t comment last night. It was just too late!
    I´m also sorry you had such a bad week. I guess that´s something to do with the hospital visits, but you still found lots to be positive about. I did smile at your white rabbit disappearing into a hole. The whole thing looks amazing. You are lucky to have this sort of thing so near you.
    As a vague explanation, my Mary and Joseph are formed around a wine bottle with chicken wire around newspaper for a head. It is then wrapped in strips of white material dipped in polyfiller - it can have a little polyester in it but needs to be mostly cotton. I tore up an old sheet. Then, when you have the shape you want, you drape larger pieces for the top layer, and leave to dry. I did these about eight or even ten years ago and they are still white, and still keep their shape. They are only wrapped in a polybag and stored with all the other decorations so they are pretty robust. One day I might make some shepherds or kings...might!
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas celebrations with hubby and the lad, and the rest of your family. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete